874 Broadway, Flatiron/Ladies' Mile District, Manhattan
Conversion to residential lofts on the upper floors of The MacIntyre Building, an 11 story, 44,000sf store and loft building in the Flatiron/Ladies’ Mile Historic District. Designed by Robert Henderson Robertson, Architect in a Romanesque Revival Style and constructed in 1890 with a limestone, brick and terra-cotta facade. The ornamentation is derived from Byzantine, Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque sources. After its construction, it was known as a building which “every New Yorker knows by sight”.
Board of Standards and Appeals and Landmarks Preservation Commission approval.