121 Chambers Street / 103 Reade Street
Conversion to residential use and Landmarks Preservation Commission approval for the conservation and restoration of the exterior including the addition of a penthouse for a five story through-the block loft building in the TriBeCa Historic District.
121 Chambers Street/103 Reade Street, TriBeCa, was constructed in an Italianate Style in 1860 for Frederick E. Gibert, Ship Chandler. The Chambers Street and Reade Street facades are faced in sandstone above the first story. Surviving at the first story on the Reade Street side is the original cast-iron storefront which is listed in D.D. Badger’s 1865 catalog of the Architectural Iron Works of New York.