New! Château du Sailhant, The Book
Through a collection of extraordinary imagery and an extensively researched history, Joseph Pell Lombardi, a noted international preservation architect, provides a first-time glimpse, from the dawn of time to the present, into enchanted Château du Sailhant and its magical site in the volcanic mountains of the Auvergne. Being a mysterious medieval stronghold, Sailhant is not only physically compelling, it witnessed a wealth of history – now shrouded in the mists of superstition and legend.
This beautiful book (French & English text) includes the story of the professional conservation of Sailhant and an autobiography of Joseph Pell Lombardi including his diverse fifty-year career and his five unique-to-the-world homes.
The book will appeal to all including:
– Preservationists, architects & historians.
– Those interested in the Auvergne, one of lesser known regions of France.
– Owners of vintage homes interested in the decision process of a conservation architect.
– Anyone considering owning & conserving a home in another country.
– Those interested in a good story.
Book measures 11.75″ x 8.25″ (29.5cm x 21cm) and is fully illustrated with floor plans and over 100 images.